Experience Munger Trail 2019 is a group trail skate and ride to highlight the beautiful Munger Trail sections here in Duluth, Minnesota. Let’s get outside, enjoy the spring weather, and get some exercise on this scenic and fun trail! Experience Munger Trail is a FREE event and everyone is encouraged to join us–skaters, cyclists, runners, and even baby strollers!
In the historic Duluth flood in 2012, portions of the Munger Trail were washed out and in rough shape for years. Sections were gravel, bad pavement, and really impassible for inline skates. In late 2017, crews finished repaving 5 miles from Grand Avenue to Beck’s Road, and that section is now wider and SMOOTH! We are so thankful for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources for completing this huge project.
Please pre-register online to be agree to our liability/safety waiver and to be eligible for gear and prize giveaways! Click Here to pre-register for free.
- When: Sunday, May 12, 2019. Group skate starts at 10am.
- Where: The group skate starts at the Willard Munger State Trail Northern Trailhead in Duluth at Grand Ave. (Hwy 23) and 75th Ave. West, behind the Willard Munger Inn. (See below for map).
- How long: You can go as long or short as you want! Head out on the Munger Trail and turn around to head back whenever you want. Come one come all!
- Cost: This event is free! But please register beforehand by clicking here.
- Support: This event is totally unsupported, so bring any water, food, tools, gear, first-aid, etc… that you may need.
- Updates: Check out our Facebook event by clicking here.
- Questions: Email Mike Ward at email@example.com or call the NorthShore Inline office at 218-723-1503.